Monday, August 27, 2007

Chris Rose on NPR

I just listened to Chris on NPR (
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=13966248). Great piece. I live the negative attitudes towards New Orleans everyday here in "sunny" CA. "Those people are nuts to want to go back", "Isn't the crime worse, now?", and, the most fucked up thing I've heard, "The city is just not relevant anymore" (At least this person once thought it relevant). These comments make me angry, but trying to explain my views has been a problem, until I heard Chris. Now I have a new strategy: Instead of anger, I'll show pity for those who don't get NOLA. No more wasting energy trying to convince everyone how great the city is. Those who can be convinced, like all of you who might read this, will be so based on my positive energy toward the city and by my being a new orleanian wherever I am. Hell, most folks around here can't get past the fact that there is humidity in New Orleans and that people actually walk from points A to B. I really do feel sorry for them.

No comments: